Full text of transformative education expert Katia Sol’s talk: The Transformative Power of Gratitude at TEDxMission The City2.0 conference.
Listen to the MP3 Audio here:
Katia Sol – Award-Winning Scholar & Writer
I’m feeling really grateful.
- Grateful to be here sharing this conference with you today,
- Grateful to have the opportunity to present,
- Grateful to have some friends in the audience – friendly faces,
- Grateful for Madrone Studios – amazing creative space,
- And the City – all the innovative things that are happening here – the fantastic production team.
- Just feel really grateful to be alive!
As Adele really beautifully introduced, I work with the Ecology Leadership Program at the Regenerative Design Institute in Bolinas. This program was founded by James Stark and Christopher Kuntzsch. And I’d like to give a little shout out to them.
James is in India right now giving a TEDx talk. Flew all the way around the world. It’s pretty cool that I’m doing this here. And Christopher’s at the Northern California Permaculture Convergence. This is just amazing how these seeds are going out all over the world.
And what we specialize in is ‘Inner permaculture’. So RDI has a bunch of programs that are doing the kinds of things you’ve heard about today: learning about great water systems, and permaculture design, and rescaling, and you know all the different practices that we’re hearing on the outer level.
But what we like to look at is what happens if we take a look at our inner garden?
So what are the shifts that need to happen on an inner level that then will create the possibility for transformation on an outer level that we really want to see in our own lives, in our communities, and in the world?